A House by the Sea
"America's reigning queen of decorating." --Southern Living
"One of America's premier interior designers." --Garden Design
Author and renowned designer Bunny Williams has been at the top of the interior design world for more than 40 years. Here she invites readers to explore La Colina, her lovely Caribbean retreat tucked into lush, tropical gardens by the sea.
Williams writes "We knew we wanted a house where we would really live outside, a house where the ocean breezes would blow through, and a house that would be a place in which we could gather our friends and family and entertain easily."
The book explores every facet of the beautiful property located in the Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic--from outdoor rooms and garden plantings and design to the delightful, island-living luxury of the villa's interiors, furnishings, and collections. Woven into each chapter are essays written by friends who have visited the property:
- Gil Schafer details the villa's architecture
- Page Dickey tours the gardens
- Roxana Robinson offers a peek at a weekend stay
- Angus Wilkie discusses the delights of collecting
- Jane Garmey revels in the pleasures of cooking, food, and friends